To create this sunny haze effect, this is what I do:
1) I select a new LEVELS LAYER by going to LAYER > NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER > LEVELS...
|click on image to enlarge for details.|
2) I adjust my image accordingly.
3) I then add a gradient layer by going to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > GRADIENT...
|click to enlarge for details.|
I selected the second gradient option and selected an orangish/yellow color.
4) I made sure that gradient layer was set to MULTIPLY.
5) Next I duplicated my main background layer.
6) I sometimes like to give my images a lens flare by going to FILTER > RENDER > LENS FLARE.
If I need to, I will go in and delete some of the flares that may be covering the face, etc.
7) I then want to add the haze, so I go to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR...
I selected a simple white.
I adjusted the white and made sure to set it to SOFT LIGHT.
I adjusted the opacity and fill.
Of course after this you can go in a do the little extra detail editing, but this is how I get the simple sunny haze look in some of my photographs.
from Captivus Living.