Monday, July 9, 2012

Make your own Photo Booth stand

Hey everyone!  I'm so excited to share my first tutorial with you all!  I'm going to teach you how to make your own photo booth stand. The nice thing about this is you don't even have to be a professional photographer to use this.  It's pretty much great for anyone who likes to throw parties or take fun photos with your kids.  It adds a little extra something special that your guests will remember and you can totally personalize it any way you want!

Let me first get this off my chest, I drew up the plans and my husband actually made it. It really is pretty simple if you would like to tackle it yourself.

You will need:
- a saw
- 3 to 4 pieces of long pipe
- pipe fittings (see below)
- a pen to mark where to cut
optional: 2 sawhorses (something to set your pipe on when you cut it or put it on the ground)

Pick up these bad boys.

So you (or your husband) need to cut out the pipe.  My photo booth directions are for 5 feet wide and 7 feet tall. You can make yours to whatever dimensions you like.

Cut: 
(2) 3 feet pieces
(2) 4 feet pieces
(2) 5 feet pieces
(4) 18 inch pieces

Now it's time to piece it together!

Take the end caps and place them on each 18 inch piece. Then place an 18 inch piece on both sides of the T fitting.  These will be the feet of the stand.  Place them to the side.

For the top piece, grab a 5 foot piece and place an elbow fitting on each side.  For the middle piece, place a T fitting on each side.

 Connect the top and middle pieces with a 3 feet piece of pipe.  On both sides.

 Now add the 4 foot pieces of pipe on the bottom.

Connect the feet to the bottom and voila!  You have yourself your very own photo booth stand.  You do not need to glue these together.  The beauty of this is that it is easy to put up and take down for easy travel and storage.

I have used this photo booth at 2 parties now. It was a hit at both.  The first was at an 80s party.
I used black wrapping paper and a metallic door hanger for the background.
 
The second party was for a family member's 60th "60s" party.  Totally groovy.
I used an old tye-dyed sheet my father-in-law made a long time ago.

Here was the set up:

I made a "Photo Booth Backdrop Ideas" board on Pinterest for some awesome DIY backdrop ideas and inspiration.  I hope you liked this and try it for your next party!  Personalize it and most of all have fun!

Summer
Crosbie Crew

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Can't wait to build one!! This would even be good to take for newborn photo shoots and stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY COOL! This would be great for so many things. Can't wait to put one together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Summer! This is awesome. I'm forwarding to my husband right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tuto ! Maybe I should try to build one someday, thank you so much :D !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial. I think my hubby would be able to make this.

    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! I think I just found a project for my dad to work on while he's in town visiting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer! This is SO stinkn COOL! I am totally going to (have my honey) make one of these! I was actually just thinking of this for my little man's 4th Birthday coming up in a few months. It could also work great for photo sessions... just for a cool backdrop? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you set up your camera? Or did you just control it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photo booth rentals are becoming a popular option for those who are looking for something interesting and unique for their event. Whether it be a corporate event or a personal private party, photo booth rentals can bring some fun and excitement to the overall plan of the event.

    Photobooth

    ReplyDelete

❤ Something lovely to say?