Monday, December 5, 2011

Free Photoshop Actions that look like INSTAGRAM!

Yay for free photoshop actions! On pinterest the other day I saw these FREE INSTAGRAM lookalike photoshop actions. I knew I had to try them since I'm a huge lover of the instagram. So, I went ahead and threw each action on my SOOC picture so you all can see for yourselves (the actions download also comes with all the neato instagram borders that we love so much, but I chose to not use them).


Things that I've noticed about these actions that you'd might like to know-

1. They are not customizable. It's just a flat action that you throw on a picture. What you see is what you get.
2. Just like regular instagram, these filters only look good in natural light. They're a bit extreme (but instagram filters are generally pretty extreme) in indoor lighting. In fact, I personally wouldn't use them if the lighting is bad.

If you have questions about how to install these actions, the link to download them explains how to get these to work on photoshop as well.

Good luck! And happy editing!

-Jess from IROCKSOWHAT

11 comments:

  1. I downloaded these but because I have Photoshop Elements, only Brannan shows up :( it's still a great effect, I just wish I had more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shea - i'm sure there's a way to get them to work in elements. i wish i knew how! i'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Hooray for Pinterest and it's bazillion great ideas ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cool! I wish I had photoshop. I love instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness! Especially loving Inkwell and Sutro. Well, and Lomo-Fi. I can't pick :)

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on our blog. We are praying for good results from the biopsy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your newest follower here :) Hope that still makes you do a happy dance like it does me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't use filters so I just learned something new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome!! I am so scared to try photoshop :( BUT after seeing this I'm inspired, maybe I'll give it another chance, thanks for visiting my bloggy blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool, I wish I had photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Thanks for providing these filters! How can I download them? the link don't seam to be working :(
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Something lovely to say?