Well, I decided to start off this busy month by sharing my list of steps that I ALWAYS do when opening up a SOOC in Photoshop. Perhaps some of you are interested in knowing???? :-D Here is a video tutorial showing my steps and how I do each one (as well as additional tips on editing without actions or costly plugins. Photoshop is expensive enough, right? lol). BUT I finally finished my new action collection that I call The Bold Collection. It is free to download HERE! I did not add any of these actions to my video tutorial, but here are the samples:
- Adjust levels first and foremost.
- Adjust Brightness/Contrast.
- Add a new main background layer and change the layer filter to either Softlight or Overlay and adjust the fill accordingly.
- Use the Burn Tool to brighten/highlight darken areas that you want to accentuate.
- Want certain colors to POP more than others? Flatten and add another main background layer. Edit > Adjustments > Vibrance. Increase the vibrancy while your eye is focused on that certain color that you want more vibrant. When it is to your liking (despite all the other colors in the shot), click OK. Grab the Eraser Tool and erase everything else around that chosen color. If the color is TOO vibrant, decrease the opacity of the Eraser Tool and tap on the chosen color until it is to your liking.