Thursday, December 2, 2010

Photoshop Tip: Batch Editing

I recently posted this easy, but necessary tutorial on my personal blog, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I use actions quite a bit, because they are such a time saver.  Do you find yourself using the same action on the same batch of photos? I know I do. I will open up like 10 images from the same session and want to do the same thing to all of them.

But even with actions, it can take quite a bit of time especially if you're working with 3,4,5+ images at once. You have to adjust the elements in the action to taste, flatten the image, resize the image... etc.

There is a MUCH quicker way to edit multiple photos at one time. If there is anyone out there that edits as many photos as I do, you will want to know how to do this.

*Note: This works in Photoshop. I don't believe it works in Elements {or so I understand. if anyone with elements out there can try this and let me know if it works, i would appreciate it so much!}

Here is how you Batch Edit ::

Open up the photos you want to batch edit in Photoshop...

Go to File> Automate> Batch...

Your Batch window will pop up, from here, choose the Set that contains the action you'd like to run...

- and then choose the Action you'd like to run on all of the open photos.
Click OK...
 Photoshop will do the rest! It's that easy!!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love this, it is so grate, I found it about 2 weeks ago, it deffently makes it ALOT faster to edit photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be trying this as soon as I start using CS5 - this is one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade. I've got a lot to learn between CS5 and 7D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO helpful. This tip was wonderful when I first read it on your blog. :D Thanks Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tip but what do you do if the action has like a "continue" option that needs to be clicked on? Is there a solution for that? Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

❤ Something lovely to say?