Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun Edits With PicMonkey

I wanted to share this great site for people who don't have Photoshop.  PicMonkey is a FREE online photo editing site and you don't even have to sign up to use it!

If you want a "clean edit" first, Stephanie showed how to do one in PicMonkey here.

First upload your photo to PicMonkey. Then click on the beaker symbol on the left (circled in red).

Now it's time to have some fun!  There are some great actions to use and all of them are customizable or you can cancel the action if you decide you don't like it.

Here are some of my favorites:
"Cross Process" at 50% fade on green.

"Tranquil" at 0% fade then "Dusk" at 50% fade.

"Polaroid Film" at 65% fade then "Boost" at 20% strength.


"Focal Zoom" with circle around his face then "Time Machine" Norma at 35% fade.

"Black and White" at 0% fade , "Boost" at 50% strength and then "Urbane" at 50% fade.

It's really easy to play around with each effect and come up with a totally unique and fun picture.  Make sure to hit "apply" after each edit if you like it then when you are completely done to hit "save" above your picture.  

And just for fun, I used their Halloween edits to make Hudson into a zombie and me into a vampire!
Summer Crosbie

14 comments:

  1. Do these edits in Pic Monkey do anything to distort the resolution of the image? I mean, I know it will some, but if it's a high resolution image, will I still be able to print large prints after editing in Pic Monkey? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picmonkey is really nice, I use it quite often for a quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny :) I use picmonkey to add frames and sometimes textures. it's really cool ;) congratulations on the post. very thoughtful. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That zombie effect is hilarious! Perfect for Halloween invites or favors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! So that's how all those zombies are showing up in my feed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the info on Pic Monkey! I use it too but it's neat to see how someone else uses the different filters. I liked how you used Tranquil and Dusk together, I'll have to give that one a try. Thanks for the post! Blessings, Nancy at livininthegreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for this wonderful examples and the Tutorial. I was playing a little bit with picmonkey but I find the right way trough your post !!!
    HUgs, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun site! I love the zombie and vampire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy using PicMonkey too, although I haven't played creatively with it for a while. I use it regularly to "watermark" my photos and make collages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such awesome little tips, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Just read this post and love the zombie edits! I use picmonkey often and think it's a great site!

    ReplyDelete

❤ Something lovely to say?